Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Online Scrapbooking

Hi folks,

just wondered if anyone knows whether it is ok to use online scrapbooking , such as smilebox, to communicate photos, obs, eyfs learning goals etc with parents ? I have had a go with loading on some photos and found it so very very easy to collate all the photos, add them in and to simply email them on.... if the parents want to , they can print the scrap book off .. the issues which concern me are firstly, although I need a password to access the scrap book, would the images be secure enough as they are stored by smilebox ?? secondly, would ofsted be ok with me showing them my evidence on the pc or would they need hard copy ??

I am desperately trying to find some easier way of sharing info with parents , and also trying to reduce the endless printing, and cross referencing that seems to be taking over my life somewhat !!!!!!

I currently do my scrapbooks on a msoft works document which I then copy and paste or insert my photos onto, they are then printed out and given to the parents. (any work the children do is photographed and included, their creations always go home with them)..... this is quicker than the previous method of printing out photos, sticking them in a scrapbook and writing notes by the side of the photos but I am finding it is taking an age to load the photos onto the doc .

Any help would be appreciated !!! :o

Hi, I think it's a fantastic idea. I can't see why you couldn't use it as long as parents have all signed an agreement for you to take and use photographs of their children etc. It would only be parents and staff that would see photos as nobody else would have access would they? It looks a great website.

The basic one is free, but if you want to print off the scrap books then I have paid £30 ish (can't remember exactly) for a years subscription.... this is a premium package and means that parents can print them off if they want to. I have taken the leap and started them, the few that I have done so far have been very well received by the parents and take a fraction of the time to do, they look great and the children really enjoy watching them too , crossed fingers that Ofsted are ok with it as nobody seems to know the answer !!!!

Hi i have done this and the parents loved it, i do scrapbooking as a hobby and have done some of my son to print out to show parents and ofsted what its about :)

Most of my parents love them and then they can also send them onto other members of the family :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)