Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Winter Sensory Ideas

Hi everyone,

All Christmasted out!!

I would love to do some really new sensory play ideas with me children. I looked and looked but everything has been done before( more or less)

Does anyone have anything different to inspire me ( and porbably dozens of others?)

It would be great to do something really different in the new year!!

thanks

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas ( we deserve it!!) :o

I've moved this out of the cookery forum so that hopefully you should get some more replies!

Its difficult to know what to suggest when I don't know what you've tried already - could you post a quick list so that we know? No doubt you'll inspire others with the ideas you already have!

Maz

Hi Sunshine

A list of sensory suggestions would be wonderful... activities involving ice are always fun - children sprinking powder paint on paper then wiping ice over, as ice melts powder becomes liquid. Freezing small items/toys in ice cubes for the children to watch melting. Large blocks of ice - mix salt and paint and the children dribble over ice, this looks beautiful.

How about looking at it from the individual child's perspective....what are their particular interests/schemas, then try to match sensorial activities/resources to each child - I'm sure revisiting past enjoyed sensorial activities would still be appreciated and help to 'cement' the childrens knowledge.

Bring on the snow, I say.....

Sam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)