Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can You Help Me?

I think if I were to ask the parents in my setting what the EYFS was they would all stare at me blankley. I always explain to them what it is on induction into the pre-school but I thikn at the time I am bombarding them with so much information they probably dont take very much in.

What I would like is nothing no bigger than an A4 sheet explaining what the EYFS is. I know this is a tall order but I really dont think the majority of parents would be interested in reading any more than and A4 sheet - does one of these exist? If not does anyone know if I can directly quote off of websites like direct.gov or would that be plagerism?

I want to devise something that is a bit interesting to look at with the main points of the EYFS covered. We have just started a WOW wall which is going down brilliantly and after a not quite so glowing RAG judgement I want to try and make an effort before our EYFS development worker comes in to show that I am making an effort to try and address the issues on the RAG judgements - any help appreciated what do you use?

There is a downloadable parents leaflet that can be accessed through the CD ROM, I think.

Sue

Or I may be thinking of Inge's first link!!

Thanks for your help ladies I will certainly look at those and another kind members has mailed me what they use so I shall take it all into consideration - all your help is much appreciated

as well as giving the parents lots of info in their introduction pack, i write a bit on each half terms newsletter taken from the principles in all areas with a short explaination on what the EYFS is all about, i don't know if anyone takes any notice but they can't say we haven't tried!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)