Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Conclusion References

sam2368

For those of you who have successfully completed and passed your BAhons ( and other degrees!) when you write up your conclusion do you fill it with references or is it assumed all of the references will be in the main body because the conclusion is pulling it altogether?

Sam (used to have a brain but now its turned to mush)

On our foundation degree we have been told very clearly that there should be nothing new, including references, in the conclusion. The conclusion is just a way of summing up all of the points you have made in the main body of the essay.

Edited by Upsy Daisy

I agree with the 'nothing new' in a conclusion - I was told that at my very first tutorial when I started my Foundation Degree.

However, I have sometimes used a reference in a conclusion to support what I am saying. I have also ended a conclusion with a profound quote and been complimented on it as appropriate use of references so maybe it depends a little on your tutor/university. I certainly wouldn't 'fill it' with references though and I have only ever used one and certainly nothing like in every assignment I wrote - just and occasional thing

Edited by Geraldine

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)