Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Conversation Stations

ive only heard about them in passing but I understand it to be areas or times during sessions where staff and children are encouraged to have a conversation

conversation is one of the best ways to help develop language its two way and provides a wide variety of learning opportunities but sometimes it's difficult in the noisy or busy environment to really listen and converse with children so providing opportunities for this during the session and areas where children can be unhindered and staff being free to listen is something to consider

but I dont know much more about it than that Im sure someone will elabourate more or suggest some examples

I also went on some training about speech and language which mentioned a conversation station. I have it in my head that you would place an object or set of objects on the table and you would hope that the children would have a conversation about it. The example we were given was of a 'treasure basket' for older children where you might place objects in that they didn't know what they were. A mirror was also mentioned, as was the falling leaves from the natural environment. I would love to set one up, but trying to figure out where at the moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)