Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Circle Time

I'm being observed doing circle time with my class next week - has anybody got any good ideas? Our topic this half term has been food and I was wondering about taking in a basket of different sorts of food and letting children choose something from the basket and say something about it ... but I'm not sure - it doesn't feel madly inspiring. Any ideas welcome ... please! It doesn't have to be food related. The observation is on Pancake Tuesday.

Haricroft

Hi Harricroft

Last week during circle time we have a range of food in a feely bag and the children had to guess what it was by touch. There was a lot of descriptive language and they were all keen to have a go.

Carol

Ive done circle time [in nursery]using a small prety bag [beaded and sparkly] .In it were a selection of objects a set of keys,a photograpn,a pcture of a pet,a camera a bus ticket etc and the children had to say whose bag they thought it was and why.They talked about someone dropping it on the way home and because they didnt have keys they would be locked out.there would be noone to feed their pet .We discussed what they would do if they were locked oyt etc and the chn had loads of ideas.We also said how we would feel if we lost something precious you can put virtually anything in the bag which you think would provoke discussion Good Luck

HI Harricroft

If your topic is food could you do something about healthy eating. Do as you have already said, take in a basket of different foods, but make some healthy and some not. They could talk about which are good for you etc.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)