Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Software?

Hi all

Can have some money to spnd on new software. Supeervisor wants somthing a bit more educational ie literacy, numeracy for the older children. Any recommendations?

Have got Pingu, Reader rabbit, Tilly Toybox, Giggles party, blus clues.

Any advice appreciated.

we have some called simple city they are great - easy to use but also educational. it starts with a simple map children choose area they wish to visit - zoo, farm, vet etc . in each area there are six smaller areas that include a clip about the job / place and games(sorry cant rmemeber what the other areas are but really good) see if you can google it -we got ours as we attended a computer course - but well worth the money if you had to pay - they do others too - we have one that children can draw / colour with - count objects,investigate instruments etc - have a look sure it will come up if you put Simple city software - if not will look tomorrow and find out where from

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I would agree that the Simple City software is great. I have 'Simple City' and both 'Simple City Maths' 1 and 2. Well worth the money.

Also- Our school has Education City- which is great- especially for the older ones. It is all online- so I suppose if you are not connected to the internet it might be a problem. Education city for in the Foundation Stage is divided into F1- Nursery and F2- Reception. My nursery children mostly play in the F1 side- which is split into CLL- PSRN and KUW- all of which have about 20 games/activities/songs. The children love it! Also great as the more advanced children can start on F2- and there are games which link to 'linking letters and sounds'. Not sure how much it is- but there is a free 21 days trial- so maybe give it a try before you commit.

We also have 'Mouse Skills'- not technically 'educational' as you put it- but it is great for those chidlren who struggle with playing games due to their poor coordination- has loads of games for 'single click' 'double click' 'following a path' etc- and the chidlren also love this. Before term ended a little girl came up to me absolutely excited and said "I finally did it! I finally got that pesky mouse in that hole!" - I had to chuckle.

Hope my rambling has helped!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)