Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nativity

Well, we are all set for our nativity on Monday, rehersals are going well, apart from when I sent the xmas tree flying of the stage with my rather large bottom :o Have bought each child (40) a selection box (bribe, no way!!) fingers crossed all goes well. Anyone else having a nativity next week?

Claire x

We did ours this morning the and the children where fantastic

last year they stipped off their costumes and fidgetted this year they sat nice and sang even sitting through a little speach by the vicar who was grabbiing the chance to preach to the parents

yes its a wonderful feeing now its all done and dusted

good luck..... or should I say Break a leg? to all those who still have their performances ahead of them

Ours is next week. We're still at the stage of hissing the children's names and half their lines at them when we want them to come on stage or say anything (it's year 1 and 2). This year are the dreamiest bunch we've ever had. Some of them literally say their lines and then switch off again, even though they are quite obviously enjoying themselves when they decide to 'tune in'.

Guest MaryEMac

Our 'Navity Tablet' (Nativity Tableau) is on Friday and I am dreading it because nothing seems to have gone in. We have had to tell them that Santa has a tick list with everyone's name on it and will only tick it if he can hear them singing. That does seem to have worked as the singing is very good now (till they get into church that is) :o

Mary

Ours is on Friday, my first as Manager and narrator - I'm quaking in my boots at the prospect of standing up in front of a hall full of parents but as a friend reminded me today, they will not be looking at me, they will be looking at their angels. Everything is crossed!

Good luck everyone!

ours monday. 3 and 4 yr olds. rehersals on stage this week have been awful. 5 children insisting on running on and off stage and around hall. I need crowd control. hoping that with parents filling up the hall they will stay where they should. like the idea of black mail. we do have father christmas coming after play. not sure it will work on some though. this is my 3rd one and it is getting easier its just seems to be the children getting harder to control

best of luck everyone

buttercup

Luckily I am finished also, although 3 full performances followed by EYPS final assessment nearly finished me off!! However, despite the fact that I always find that organising the nativity makes me lose the spirit of Xmas, I did have to wipe a tear from my eye when shown the video yesterday. All that hard work and nervous energy, costume making etc suddenly seemed more than worthwhile.

All the very best to all of you who are still struggling with wandering sheep, tearful marys, beligerent kings and far from angelic angels!!!!!!! They will do you proud on the day!