Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Literature On Comparisons

sam2368

Hi everyone

My Major project is due in 10 days time (yikes) and I'm looking for evidence of research which has compared different types of provision, particularly highlighting committee responsibilities and expectations.

So far I have Penn 2008, who mentions bits and pieces; Anning and Edwards, same, but no-one seems to mention the enormous pressure on committees to maintain quality and keep up with ever changing legislation, do everything unpaid, co-ordinate fundraising, training,etc etc.

If anyone has seen any research covering this please can you point me in the right direction?

My MP is on parental involvement and I'm bringing in comparisons with Head start, Reggio, Te Whariki, Sweden, discussing curriculum influence, government influence, cultural diversity and comparing different types of provision.

thanks everyone

Sam

Edited by sam2368

Hi, you could do some first hand research on here, if you posted on the committee forum. I'd be happy to add my thoughts. When I did my dissertation on Steinbeck many years ago, I included first hand quotes from a live interview I went to with Steinbeck's wife Ann. I think this helped me get a really good grade - research doesn't just have to be from books.

HTH.

Well if you're looking to visit a hard working committee...

The PLA might have stuff you could use, they support numerous committee run groups with information. Might not be quite what you've asked for though :o

Thanks for your responses ladies, much appreciated!

It's too late now to do action research and my tutor said threads from here weren't sufficient. But, in the future i would like to do some through research into the subject so look out fo rmy questionnaire!

I've looked into the PLA & they've mentioned research but other than little bit by McGivney don't really go into much. My history is as a committee member then working in eys, progressing up through to manager, I'm sure thats how many of us started but finding evidence to support this is proving difficult. I want to find something that says something about the enormous responsibility, need for intelligence and consideration (not just thinking about the year their child is in the group!)never mind - onwards I go..

Sam

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)