Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Please Help, Transitions

i have an assignment to hand in tommorow and know i'm missing somthing obvious, first part was evaluating, fine and done.

2nd part is a leaflet for other practitioners her is a brief outline of what i have done so far

my deffinition of transitions

attachment - bowlby then ainsworth, then bad points of both theories

come to conclusion positive experiences are key

back up with anne oconnor, effective practice from eyfs

then talk about support, usiong vygotsky's zone of proximal development and say could be applied to transitions, what the child already knows and what they need support to anticipate and go through

then talk about treating each child and family as individuals

Building relationships backed up by bronfenbrenner

then talk about ideas(bullet points) of easing transitions, section to do with parents then a section to do with children.

i am then meant to talk and policy and procedure associated with transition

bit stuck with last bit and cant get a hold of my tutor, dont really know what it means

meant to do 2000 words on leaflet but just hit 1100

any ideas??

i've already done that in the first part so I'm just confused? possibly may miss that bit as I will just be repeating myself. think i am just way over thinking it all and confusing myself!

Believe me I am no expert but I would approach the task by making the first half a discussion of the theory about transitions in general and the second half a breakdown of how the theory you've already dicussed links to the policies and procedures in your own setting. You don't have to describe the theories again, just link back to them and perhaps go into a little more detail about the ones which are particularly relevant to your practice.

Does that make any sense?

thanks, i've read it again and again and just think if I add more than my conclusion i'll just be waffling, and don't see the point. I could explain the bullet points out more but again it would just be waffling to up the word count, thanks for your ideas and i will keep checking the post incase anybody else has any pearls of wisdom for my baffled head!!

thanks again

If you have a word limit of 2000 for the leaflet and have done 1100 then on the basis of you being 900 words 'short' I think there must be something missing.

I have read the list of what you have done so far but it is a little difficult to comment without knowing the guidance/criteria you were given for the assignment.

I have written loads of essays over the years for my OU studies but with each one I checked and double checked that I had included all they asked for. Without knowing your given criteria it's a bit tricky to comment on what you have done so far

What is the purpose of the leaflet? Is it intended for a broad range of practitioners and intended to be an informative document on transtitions in general? or does it relate to specific transitions. Perhaps it is for practitioners in your setting and meant to explain how your policies and procedures link to theories?

Sorry I am not really being very helpful but I certainly wouldn't miss out something that is asked for - my experience has shown that is how marks are lost :o

hiya, part 2 is a guidence booklet for early years practitioners covering all settings

front cover -clearly identifies the subject - supporting transitions across the foundation stage

introduction to and identification of the notion of transition

rationale for guidence - link to legislative, current literature and research info

parental involvement

the needs of the child

policy and procedures associated with transition

bibliography

this is just a suggested guidence

i'm grateful for any advice, critisism, anything

never had so much trouble getting started, don't know what it is about this subject:-(

HI

Gosh! they want a lot in 2000 words don't they!

If it were me I would write about the different transitions as I think it is very difficult to write about transitions per se

I would include transition from home/setting and the transition to school and would include clarification of horizontal and vertical transitions with some brief examples.

If the practitoners reading the leaflet are going to gain knowledge and be able to apply it to their practice I would write about the importance of policies and procedures for a range of transitions and how their application can result in effective practice. I don't see the harm in including here some of the information on policies that you included in part 1. I think it is possible to 'cover it' without literally repeating yourself and it sounds to me as though the leaflet is a separate issue but of course I could be wrong!

The list of what you have included so far looks fine to me and I especially like Bronfenbrenner xD

hope this doesn't sound garbled :o

good luck I am sure what you have done will be fine and you are nearly there :(

thanks for all your help geraldine and upsy daisy, I've had abit of a re jig and added quite a but more from your ideas and feel a lot happier. around 2800 altogether now so a lot nearer the mark, have managed to get a hold of some of the ladies i sit with and they are finishing theirs of tonight and we all seem to be along the same track, so the nerves are fading

don't know what it was about this one, i dont really get on with the tutor of this one so maybe was extra nervous, so thanks again

thanks for all your help geraldine and upsy daisy, I've had abit of a re jig and added quite a but more from your ideas and feel a lot happier. around 2800 altogether now so a lot nearer the mark, have managed to get a hold of some of the ladies i sit with and they are finishing theirs of tonight and we all seem to be along the same track, so the nerves are fading

don't know what it was about this one, i dont really get on with the tutor of this one so maybe was extra nervous, so thanks again

Sounds as though you are back on track - well done :o it's great when it all comes together xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)