Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Help!

Hi everyone, I'm new on here! I have on interview next week for a Foundation position and have to plan and set up an outdoor activity for 5 children to promote child initiated learning and then teach an adult-led phonics lesson for 5 children introducing the letter L. I'm really struggling, any successful lessons or good ideas would be great! Thank You! x :o

Oh my goodness! That sounds a little bizarre to me but maybe now Im in Yr1 I'm out of touch?

For the phonics, you could work on the see it, say it, write it principles with some activities to promote those.

Hi and welcome to the forum

Has the school specified planning 2 activities?

also remember if you set up the activity it is adult initiated not child initiated

sorry perhaps if you give us more details of what the interview requires

Hi and welcome to the forum

Has the school specified planning 2 activities?

also remember if you set up the activity it is adult initiated not child initiated

sorry perhaps if you give us more details of what the interview requires

Yes they have. I also thought that if I set up the activity then it won't be child initiated. I thought about just providing ribbons/scarves for dancing, music and instruments.

This is How the letter reads:

We would also like to have an opportunity to see your teaching and planning and so would appreciate it if you could plan the following activities for Foundation Stage children:

1. An outside activity to promote child initiated learning for up to 5 children. Please bring your resources and a planning sheet to show the learning objectives covered by your activity

2. An adult-led indoor phonics activity for 5 children introducing the letter L. You will be observed teaching this activity.

You will be able to set up your outdoor activity and leave it for the children to explore from 9am and your teaching session will be at 9.20am lasting approximately 15 minutes.

Its just thats the exact same thing someone intervieing in salt aire has to do, how strange! small world. you wil have to let us know how you get on x x x

Its just thats the exact same thing someone intervieing in salt aire has to do, how strange! small world. you wil have to let us know how you get on x x x

That is strange, maybe it's the 'in thing!' Mines in Oxfordshire.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)