Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Under Reggio Emilia Approach

Hello everyone,

I work as a Centre worker within a Children's centre and the centre's philosophy is developed by the Reggio Emilia approach. As it is getting close to christmas i was looking into providing the children with more festive activities, however i am not allowed to use templates, cut outs etc as it has to allow the children to use a greater range of open-ended resources. I find this very challenging as I cant think of anything i could do with the children.

Any ideas would be greatful.

Thank you.

what i have done is:

i provided a large piece of paper/card so the children could do a communal piece of work together. the children could do individual pictures on paper plates.

provided materials in 2 colours (red and green) all various types of materials e.g. crepe paper,cellophane, beads, feathers, glitter, paint, crayons, gems, fabric etc.

it is very effective and looks great

i take loads of photos of the children as they working and then display their work with the photos and any comments the children made.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)