Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Schemas

Does anyone have any bright ideas for a child with a transporting schema? Today we've been making tracks in the sand and transferring sand to the water tray and vice versa. I've also invested in a supermarket trolley (Toy of course!) and some shopping bags. this is a MASSIVE area for this particular child. He quite happily moves items around the room all day long so I want to provide really stimulating activities for him in and around this area. I'm running low on ideas though!! :o

Hiya

My transporters loved long cardboard tubes to post items down/roll balls or cars down, soft toys transported from beds to cafe to beds to cafe etc all day long!!!, big plant pots full of pebbles or gravel, wheelbarrow or dumper trucks to move them around, jelly and custard on a tray outdoors and little teaspoons to transport it to water tray.

can't think of any more right now

Have you thought about what the child could transport.

We have a child who loves tractors, diggers transporters etc and he loves to move different things around.

Such as small sorting toys (how many, what colour) bricks (bigger smaller, can you build something?)

Can the child involve other children in his transporting for personal, social and emotional development

Hope that's a few extra ideas

Rachel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)