Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Investigation Area

Hi everyone

I'm a Foundation Stage 2 teacher and this is the first time I have posted a topic. I hope I am doing the right thing. I think this forum is fantastic and am using many ideas in my classroom - THANK YOU!!!

We have set up an Investigation Area in the classroom and have used 'Soil, leaves, twigs, magnifying glasses, clipboards and pencils'. Was wondering has anyone got an bright ideas to keep this interesting for the children. I will be asking the children for their ideas but would love to hear from anyone elses ideas.

Thank you

Brownie

XX

what about adding bugs - plastic - the children could then look them up in a book and then see if they can find them outside in the real world?they could then learn about how / where they live what they eat etc

Edited by blondie

Welcome to the forum Brownie and congratulations on making your first post! :o

On our investigation table at the moment we have some large pine cones that I found when on holiday during the summer, seashells, small logs, pebbles and small stones. We have asked children and parents to bring in anything they find when out and about which is of interest to them.

Worms seem to come under the 'anything of interest' according to some children so we've had these too........as long as children put them back in the soil when they've finished investigating them. xD

Welcome to the forum Brownie and congratulations on making your first post! :o

On our investigation table at the moment we have some large pine cones that I found when on holiday during the summer, seashells, small logs, pebbles and small stones. We have asked children and parents to bring in anything they find when out and about which is of interest to them.

Worms seem to come under the 'anything of interest' according to some children so we've had these too........as long as children put them back in the soil when they've finished investigating them. xD

Thank you!!

I really like the idea of asking the children. Someone mentioned the little book of invesigation area too, so will look into that as well.

Brownie

XX

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)