Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rainbow Fish

Our topic this term is Colour and Light. Next week i am hoping to focus on the story rainbow fish as children have been playing with fish and boats in the huge puddle which developed with all the rain in our outdoor area today! I have never done rainbow fish before and was wondering if anyone had any inspiring activity ideas. many thanks

Lola

Cutting old CDs in half and using them to make a large scale rainbow fish.

Writing words on bubbles that make a good friend.

Creating own new fish with a shiny scale.

Having a real fish (allergies permitted) and touching the scales - trying to pull a scale out to show that it would hurt the rainbow fish to share it's scales.

I may remember some others later.

I think there are some things on sparkle box about Rainbow fish. They might be of use. I think there are pictures that represent each part of the story that the children can use to retell the story. I think there is also a colouring sheet u could maybe use as an outline that the children could collage.

Hope they are of use x

Our topic this term is Colour and Light. Next week i am hoping to focus on the story rainbow fish as children have been playing with fish and boats in the huge puddle which developed with all the rain in our outdoor area today! I have never done rainbow fish before and was wondering if anyone had any inspiring activity ideas. many thanks

Lola

Hello Lola - not sure if anyone's suggested this yet (haven't quite worked out how to see all replies together??!!) but somewhere on this sit is a LOVELY powerpoint of the Rainbow Fish - (if I can work out how to upload it, I have this and also a simplified text version I made) with sound and fishy movement. We made fish mobiles by sticking fins and tails onto CDs.

Sorry about my current ICT incompetence-but if u search for it, I guess it will still be on here somewhere!

Jenona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)