Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Focused Activities - Obs/assessment

Hi,

I was wondering if others could share what and how much you write down for each child who has participated in a focused activity? I have tried using a class-list with the LLN written at the top and writing down what each child does using the LLN as a guide but also jotting down any other significant learning. I also evaluate how I think the activity has gone in general on my plan. I have then filed this sheet and looked through them when medium-term planning and for assessment alongside CI obs of course! This half-term I have decided to go back to my old system off jotting any significant learning on sticky labels to stick in their learning journals marked with FA so I know that the learning is not completely independent and continue to write general evaluations on planning.

I just feel like I have lots of different pieces of paper as well as the learning journals to look through when considering the children's next steps for medium term planning - wondering if it would be better to write initials on plan for those who really struggled or those who did very well as a quick guide?

Thank you in advance for any ideas and advice,

Green Hippo x

hi.each of our children has a sticker sheet (address labels) the member of staff on an adult directed activity gets each sheet for children they have in that group and record relevant obs relevant to to intended outcomes on this, can then be stuck straight into record without the need to re-write.

We plan focused activities over 6 weeks and print off a sheet for each child with all activities on it ; assessments that could be made from the activities and a large blank box for notes. This is then added to Learning Journal at end of time. Also allows you to see those who have missed opportunity and this can be picked up at another time.

We tend to do skills based activity once a week as our attendance is very varied. Of course the chidren can take part as often as they like.

Apr09.doc

korkycat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)