Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Developing Outside Area

I was hoping that someone could help me. Our outside area is in desperate need of developing but our head says there is no money for it. Has anyone any ideas where i can apply for funding for it.

I'm just in the process of applying for a capital grant from my local authority - ask your early years team if there is anything going in your area.

Also, don't rule out doing things on the cheap, we created a garden essentially for nothing, by getting volunteers in, asking local businesses to donate materials, and so on.

Hi Vicki. If you are in a school, it is unlikely that you will be able to access the Capital Funding that Suzie mentioned. Each LA decides how it spends the money and it is expected that most of it will be allocated to the PVI sector and Childminding groups. It is possible that some LAs have given grants to schools so it is worth double checking if yours is one of them.

The idea of getting volunteers is a good one. Banks, office teams, corporate groups often do 'projects' as team building exercises, so its worth making some calls or doing a walkabout in your local area. They will often supply small amounts of materials but more often will bring the muscle say for example if you need an area of land clearing.

Some stores like B&Q and Asda sometimes support projects if they are nearby

Its a good idea if you have an idea of what you would like to do, perhaps by visiting other settings in your area to see what the possibilities are.

Im sure other members will have ideas of how they transformed their outdoors with little money

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)