Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Please Help With Theorists

I am still writing my presentation on planning and have come across the point of starting from what the child already knows. I am really up against it now and am having trouble remembering which theorists said that this was important. Can anyone help? I think I am right in saying Froebel was one...

I would imagine the EYFS may cite some theoretical support on the website.....it is an important theme - to go from where the child is ...the starting point...there should be underpinning research on the site....must of got it from this philosophy of belief.

I just came across this while looking for a theorist who advocates basing activities on children's interests;

Bower (1977) described six stages in the perception of configuration (e.g. of pictures of a human face) in the first seven months of life. "The level of stimulus must match the stage level of the child for absorption, interest or delight to be shown." in Athey, 2007, extending thought in young children, pg52.

Hope it's helpful :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)