Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Individual Child

does anyone plan for the individual children. If not how do you put it into your plnning, I need to change ours and would appreciate it thank you

killowengirl

I just a very simple sheet, divided into sections.

At the top it says: Key Person planning for (Key person name)

Then: Area to Target/Activity

Then: Children to target

Then: Observations

Then: Evaluation/next steps

I didn't want it to be too much of a formal activity plan as didn't want to scare them! These then get put in planning file. I always tell them to look at the areas that their child needs to be targetted, think of an activity for this, it could be as simple as a game. Then they should ask other key persons if they have a child that also needs this area targetting which they can put into their group. Sheets are then photocopied to be given to relevant staff for learning journey observations.

I just a very simple sheet, divided into sections.

At the top it says: Key Person planning for (Key person name)

Then: Area to Target/Activity

Then: Children to target

Then: Observations

Then: Evaluation/next steps

I didn't want it to be too much of a formal activity plan as didn't want to scare them! These then get put in planning file. I always tell them to look at the areas that their child needs to be targetted, think of an activity for this, it could be as simple as a game. Then they should ask other key persons if they have a child that also needs this area targetting which they can put into their group. Sheets are then photocopied to be given to relevant staff for learning journey observations.

that is very helpful thank you and sounds easier than what I have in place at the moment. Can I ask how often you fill these in for each child, is it once a week or term thank you

At the moment I'm asking for one a week per key person as its new, BUT this is not always getting done and I'm going to have a moan next week! I don't think I'm asking that much of them. They can do them during the session.

thank you very much that is very helpful. I am having difficulties as well that is why I am looking to change it. some of my staff are refusing to do incidental observations at all.

killowengirl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)