Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thunderbirds?

Hello all....looking into a 'Superheroes' topic for special needs - wondering if anyone has ever done anything on Thunderbirds - if it's not too retro??! All ideas greatfully received! :o

I think as long as the children you are planning for know who the Thunderbirds are and it is coming from their interest it wouldn't matter how retro they were. We had a boy interested in thunderbirds 18 months or so ago. We had an outfit tucked away which we brought out, we made the International Rescue logo as badges for the boy and some of his friends who became interested as a result. We made/found untility belts they could use, we have a climbing frame and they used to lay on their backs and come down the slide. We had a dig around at home and came up with some old models too and jigsaws. They had a large cardboard box to put items in to help with rescues which they would pack with all sorts of things they thought they would need.

Hey maybe on the internet somewhere there is still the instructions to making the Blue Peter version of Tracy Island!

• 2 weeks later...
I think as long as the children you are planning for know who the Thunderbirds are and it is coming from their interest it wouldn't matter how retro they were. We had a boy interested in thunderbirds 18 months or so ago. We had an outfit tucked away which we brought out, we made the International Rescue logo as badges for the boy and some of his friends who became interested as a result. We made/found untility belts they could use, we have a climbing frame and they used to lay on their backs and come down the slide. We had a dig around at home and came up with some old models too and jigsaws. They had a large cardboard box to put items in to help with rescues which they would pack with all sorts of things they thought they would need.

Hey maybe on the internet somewhere there is still the instructions to making the Blue Peter version of Tracy Island!

Thanks, Panders - souns like fun! And I do remember the Tracy Island thing now from Blue Peter..... (I am Very Old!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)