Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Research Project For Ba Dissertation

Dear Colleagues

I am writing to gratefully ask for your assistance.

After previously completing my Foundation Degree through the Open University, I am now currently completing my dissertation for my BA (Hons) degree in Early Childhood Studies which involves research into your views as experienced practitioners. My study questions the link between higher qualifications and the outcomes for children, and whether practioners feel supported in their studies by the government as a result of its recent initiatives.

I would therefore be extremely grateful if you could find the time to answer the following questionnaire. There are no wrong or write answers as I would like your honest opinions please.

Please be assured that all information you supply will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Your name will not be used in any of my data analysis documentation thus guaranteeing anonymity.

Your participation is entirely voluntary and you are free to withdraw your completed questionnaire by contacting me via the Forum personal messenger system at any time, without giving a reason.

Ethical approval for this study has been agreed by Staffordshire University and all procedures will adhere to the University's Research Governance.

(May I take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your valued time).

I hereby confirm that I have read and understood the above points and by completing and returning this questionnaire I give my consent for my answers to be used in your research study.

RESEARCH QUESTIONNAIRE

1. Name:

2. Age:

3. Job Title:

4. Type of setting currently working in:

5. Current Ofsted rating of setting:

6. Were you present and in charge during Ofsted inspection:

7. Level of current qualification:

8. Qualification you are currently studying for:

9. Further qualifications intended to study in the future (if any):

When:

Why:

10. Why did you decide to study for your:

First early year's qualification?:

The qualification you are currently studying?:

11. Why did you choose to study through the Open University?:

(FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULDN'T MIND EXLAINING YOUR ANSWERS FURTHER, RATHER THAN JUST REPLYING YES OR NO - THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED)

12. Do you intend to gain EYPS?:

(Please explain reason for answer):

13. Do you believe that the success of an early years setting is affected by the manager's/leader's level of qualification?:

14. When implementing new frameworks such as the Early Years Foundation Stage into your setting, do you believe that the level of qualification your staff have impacts on it's success?

15. Do you believe the UK Government's Early Years 10 year Plan/Strategy supports the promotion of early years' qualifications through:

Increased pay:

(Further comment please - why?):

Increased status for early years workers:

Professional recognition for the female workforce:

16. Has your opinion of the importance of highly qualified staff within the early years sector changed:

Over time:

As a direct result of your studies:

(If for any reason you experience problems replying to this email and wish to participate, please email you contact details by sending me a Personal Message and I will post a copy of the questionnaire to you with a S.A.E. for your convenience - Thank You)

Thanks Sue, that's so welcoming. I can't believe I haven't found this forum before now. Looking forward to your opinions.

Kind Regards

Michelle x

Hi Michelle,

Welcome and thanks for diving straight in, there! Looking forward to getting to know you, as they say :o

Replying as we speak!

Sue

Welcome to the Forum. Your research sounds very interesting and is something that is often discussed in EY's circles, as well as on here so I think you will get a good response. It would be easier if you added your questionnaire as a file, and then members who wish to respond can download it, fill it in, and pm it back to you through the messaging system on here.

Best of luck with your dissertation. :o

Hello, your research sounds interesting. Do you require only answers from those studying with the OU or is it open to everyone? Noticed question 11 so thought I would check! Welcome by the way and good luck!

I have the same question as Clare. I'll happliy fill it in if it is relevant - I am not studying anything, and do not plan to. I did EYPS 2 years ago, with OU if that helps.

Gruffalo2

Everyone's answers would be gratefully received. I meant to change that question, sorry.

Kind Regards

Michelle x

Hello, your research sounds interesting. Do you require only answers from those studying with the OU or is it open to everyone? Noticed question 11 so thought I would check! Welcome by the way and good luck!

Hi.

Your answers would be great, I meant to change that question but forgot.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Michelle x

I have the same question as Clare. I'll happliy fill it in if it is relevant - I am not studying anything, and do not plan to. I did EYPS 2 years ago, with OU if that helps.

Gruffalo2

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Colleagues

I am writing to gratefully ask for your assistance.

After previously completing my Foundation Degree through the Open University, I am now currently completing my dissertation for my BA (Hons) degree in Early Childhood Studies which involves research into your views as experienced practitioners. My study questions the link between higher qualifications and the outcomes for children, and whether practioners feel supported in their studies by the government as a result of its recent initiatives.

I would therefore be extremely grateful if you could find the time to answer the following questionnaire. There are no wrong or write answers as I would like your honest opinions please.

Please be assured that all information you supply will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Your name will not be used in any of my data analysis documentation thus guaranteeing anonymity.

Your participation is entirely voluntary and you are free to withdraw your completed questionnaire by contacting me via the Forum personal messenger system at any time, without giving a reason.

Ethical approval for this study has been agreed by Staffordshire University and all procedures will adhere to the University's Research Governance.

(May I take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your valued time).

I hereby confirm that I have read and understood the above points and by completing and returning this questionnaire I give my consent for my answers to be used in your research study.

RESEARCH QUESTIONNAIRE

1. Name:

2. Age:

3. Job Title:

4. Type of setting currently working in:

5. Current Ofsted rating of setting:

6. Were you present and in charge during Ofsted inspection:

7. Level of current qualification:

8. Qualification you are currently studying for:

9. Further qualifications intended to study in the future (if any):

When:

Why:

10. Why did you decide to study for your:

First early year's qualification?:

The qualification you are currently studying?:

11. Why did you choose to study through the Open University?:

(FOR THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS, IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY HELPFUL IF YOU WOULDN'T MIND EXLAINING YOUR ANSWERS FURTHER, RATHER THAN JUST REPLYING YES OR NO - THANK YOU SO MUCH, IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED)

12. Do you intend to gain EYPS?:

13. Do you believe that the success of an early years setting is affected by the manager's/leader's level of qualification?:

14. When implementing new frameworks such as the Early Years Foundation Stage into your setting, do you believe that the level of qualification your staff have impacts on it's success?

15. Do you believe the UK Government's Early Years 10 year Plan/Strategy supports the promotion of early years' qualifications through:

Increased pay:

Increased status for early years workers:

Professional recognition for the female workforce:

16. Has your opinion of the importance of highly qualified staff within the early years sector changed:

Over time:

As a direct result of your studies:

(If for any reason you experience problems replying to this email and wish to participate, please email you contact details by sending me a Personal Message and I will post a copy of the questionnaire to you with a S.A.E. for your convenience - Thank You)

Here is my filled in questionnare. If you need any more help just email me x

Wimabarnie_Questionnaire_1_.rtf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)