Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dpp Word Count?

hi all i am new here, stumbled across the forum googling info for my diploma in preschool practice.

I was wondering if you could help me with something please?

I am currently doing my first assignment (unit1) but have read alot on here about word counts, however my tutor hasnt mentioned yo us anything about a word count and we do not have a class until the week after next which is one week before the deadline so don't want to leave it till then to ask but i am struggling with what is expected of me in this assignemt in genreal so what is the deal with the word count please?

:o

Hi and welcome!

If your tutor has said nothing about it, don't worry! A lot of us are studying with Open University, who do worry about word counts!!

If nothing's been said I honestly wouldn't give it any more thought :o

Sue

PS - I had no word counts when I did my DPP!

Sorry I can't help with the DPP wordcount but just wanted to say Hi and wish you a very warm welcome to the forum :o

I am sure someone will be along with the answer to your question.

thanks :-) i hope in a few months i will be usefull here too lol

Hi and welcome!

If your tutor has said nothing about it, don't worry! A lot of us are studying with Open University, who do worry about word counts!!

If nothing's been said I honestly wouldn't give it any more thought :o

Sue

PS - I had no word counts when I did my DPP!

thanks xD

I'd heard that the wordcounts had been abolished for DPP assignments, but one of my staff members has been given a wordcount for all her DPP assignments.

Have you got a copy of the student handbook with all the assignment details in? If there is a wordcount it will be in the assignment criteria.

Good luck, and welcome to the Forum.

I have moved your topic out of the NVQ/SVQ forum area and into the general training area.

Maz

Hi, I'm currently doing the DDP, (about to hand in unit 3) and we have a word count limit of 3,500 and are given leeway for a further 10% bringing it up to a maximum of 3,850. Headings aren't part of the word count, just your main body of work, except quotes and the bibliography. Each page must be numbered, have the number of words used at the bottom and the final word count on the last page, (not the bibliography page). For Unit 1, E1 (all your observations) ISN'T included in the word count.

I've attached a copy of the Student Handbook in case you haven't got one and info on the word count can be found on page 18. Hope I haven't confused you further and good luck!

Karrie

DPP_Student_Handbook_2009_10.pdf

• 2 months later...

thanks for all your replies to this, I have only today been told about the word count and am in a total tiss with my CACHE assignment now, if anyone could help could you please look at my thread a couple above this one???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)