Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ssm 4 Talk About Anmd Recreate Simple Patterns

I'm on ppa at the moment, managed to do my phonics so far, bally heck how much planning hey, anyway feel like i could go on all day, plus bonfire nite tonite...the pressures on.Anyway anybody out there with some ideas i could do next week regarding SSM 4, recreating simple patterns. Ive got an activity on the smatrtboard, and a gummed paper activity but really running out of inspuiration. Anything would be a real help.

xxxxx

How about the children creating a dance with repeating patterns, or looking at a group of children holding hands in a line or circle and another child putting them into a repeating pattern, i.e. one standing, one sitting etc. Could you do some printing, or bead threading, these are pretty traditional. Sorting leaves into patterns would be seasonal, could they sit at a circle time and repeat a musical repeating pattern with claves, or clapping.

What about in the creative area using sponge printing or using the song i can make a pattern

i.e touch your.......and touch your.......... (repeat two more times) I can make a pattern - make up your own tune.

Ask the children to suggest simple patterns. i.e. touch your nose and wiggle your shoulders.

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)