Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cities And Parties

Hello,

I am new to this forum - I am a reception teacher and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for activities relating to cities or parties. We do our planning from a picture, the children mentioned that they could see a city and perhaps they were having a party, so im hoping to do one week on cities and one week on parties.

Thank you :o

Do you mean a street party? Or the city is partying because it is rejoicing in say winning the olympic bid, or are the children saying that they are having a party themselves in the city.

Could you do some kind of large art work, a cityscape (dark shapes against a sky) or use recyclable materials to make a city with roads. Could they discuss what types of things you would find in a city or be able to do in a city - what happens in a city at night/day.

Do you mean a street party? Or the city is partying because it is rejoicing in say winning the olympic bid, or are the children saying that they are having a party themselves in the city.

Could you do some kind of large art work, a cityscape (dark shapes against a sky) or use recyclable materials to make a city with roads. Could they discuss what types of things you would find in a city or be able to do in a city - what happens in a city at night/day.

Hi,

What I mean is my theme for one week is going to be on parties and a theme for another week will be on cities - they will be seperate, sorry confusing.

Oh, I did do a google image search of Venice and carnival and you get wonderful images and there is also the big festival they have in Spain and I can't remember the name of it.

Can you get pictures of cities from travel agents, go ask if they have old city break brochures that you could have and cut up maybe.

Hope you have fun

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)