Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Focus Plan

Does anyone have a sample focus plan that they wouldn't mind sharing? Also I'm a little confused as to how we are expected to meet the learning intentions for every child in order to meet their developmental needs etc e.g. I run a setting that offers care to children from 2 to 5 yrs but relatively speaking until they leave to go up to school. Anyway the ponit that I'm making is let's say the developmental matter/learning intentions is 'Begin to make comparisons between quantities'. This may not suit older children etc.

Here's a fairly simple one.

I think the learning intention can be quite broad ie if making soup it might be to cut vegetables using a knife or scissors, to understand that there are lots of different vegetables and that eating vegetables is healthy.

My feeling is that given that many of the children will be at different levels, and that the activity could go off on a different course, to stipulate a narrow learning intention would be difficult and even pointless. But I could be wrong!

Focus_plan.doc

Agree with you there, Deb. Was going to point you int the direction of topic support forum, titchy, but deb has posted a sheet virtually identical, which is a good format.

We only ever specify a skill or concept to be worked on - that way practitioners can differentiate thier activity accordingly, recording a child's performance individually.

Sue

I'm posting an example focus plan for a number activity. You will see that it is based on the old stepping stones, but I thought it might still be helpful to demonstrate how to plan in differentiation for children at different stages in their learning. The planning is obviously for the adults to bear in mind and to know what to look for. The children just enjoy themselves :o

Focus_Activity_Calc.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)