Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help!

I really need help - I have tried to write a document to pull all of our observations together to ensure that children are covering aspects in each area, and to also hopefully pull everything together, I was going to call this a tracker document. However by my own admission it is way to complicated, could anyone give me any ideas - I have been given a new role within my setting and I really want to do it well. Any help or advice would be gratefully accepted.

Jo

not quite sure what sort of document you mean. I have what I call an overview sheet. It has all the children's names down the left hand side and colums across the top for each area of learning and aspects within them.

Before observations are filed they are noted on the overview so for any child at any time I can see at a glance where observations are lacking - if that sounds any good then I am happy to share but not sure if I am misunderstanding your message!

Here it is :o

I know the squares look tiny but it works for us we just put a 'dot' in the relevant square and it has paid dividends since we introduced it earlier this year.

We initially decided to have it running for a year using different colour dots per term but we may re think and do one sheet per term, not sure yet!

no_namesOBSERVATION__OVERVIEW__Autmn_Term_2009_____Spring_Term_2010_____Summer_Term_2011.doc

MM! sorry not sure how I managed it but when I copied and pasted my original into a blank document to remove the names before sharing I somehow managed to lose a column under Creative Development - there are five aspects but the version I shared only had 4 columns!

so here it is again with the missing column added!

OBSERVATION__OVERVIEW___No_names_.doc

Edited by Geraldine