Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Guess What?

First of all I must say a very big thank you to Helen who wrote me the most fantastic glowing reference ever. I think I might frame it and look at it when feeling low.

This job is in a purpose built LEA funded nursery with spaces for 8 children with speecjh and language difficulties.

Their philosophy is very much based upon Emilia Reggio and with an outside environment upon which could be built 7 houses.

Iwas euphoric yesterday, but have come down to earth with a bump when I realised the implications of full time work, child care etc and will my little girl suffer. I also found out today that the Head does not allow us to go and watch school plays etc which I feel really sad about. Caught between the evil and the deep blue sea. Something I wanted so much ...or am I just fearing the unexpected and the new. Some reassurance needed hereplease chaps.

But oh, it was so nice to be able to tell my head and my friends and colleagues who have all been supportive that I too will be leaving at Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate

Hmmm - the old every silver lining has a cloud problem! :( First let me say that the setting sounds wonderful and you obviously really wanted the job when you applied, so nothing's changed there. Childcare is a logistics problem but one which is solvable - do you already have options lined up? Just remember that we're all involved in childcare - there are some fantastic and dedicated people around who will take really good care of your daughter. Don't feel that you're letting her down - providing you chose wisely she probably won't even miss you. xD:o And after a few knock backs, savour the feeling that at last someone's realised you're good and are prepared to offer you a job. :)

Hi Kate, that sounds really rough but how have you found that out? Has the Head actually told you this? I certainly wouldnt be put off asking for yourself. Happy Staff make better teachers and Work-life balance seems to be the current buzz word, so dont despair just yet!

And just remember your little girl will only suffer if its not right for you. So no guilty pangs here, get everything sorted to your own satisfaction and it'll be as hunky-dory as you want it to be and if its not, well you know the answer!