Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E115 Formulating A Key Question

hi All Im really stuck on formulating a key question . Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction please?It would be interesting to know what previous E115 students used. Thank you all in advance

hi All Im really stuck on formulating a key question . Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction please?It would be interesting to know what previous E115 students used. Thank you all in advance

Hi

I think the formulation of your key question will come from you having completed the 'thinking about practice' section. As a result of my study in Block 1 I identified with the 'tacit knowledge' identified by Schon. Carrying out the course activities (2.2 -2.5) and made me question how well I worked with parents and activity 2.15 resulted in me questioning the accuracy of my view of teamwork. I found that my articulation of knowledge values and beliefs in relation to the development of childrens learning and development was rather implicit and therefore perhaps buried in layer 3 of the three layer model. I ended up formulating the key question:

How well do I communicate with parents and professionals in relation to sharing information regarding the development and progress of children's learning?

I don't think you can 'just formulate a question' it has to come from your findings of your study so far and what you feel needs investigation.

Hope this helps if not shout! I did E115 in its first presentation about four years ago so precise course content may be a little rusty but happy to help if I can.

Hope it is OK to add that at this stage in E115 it probably all feels a little daunting but it does all become clear as you progress through the course and get to grips with the three layer model and reflective practice cycle

Thanks, to the person who asked the question about formulating a key question, and thanks to Geraldine for a detailed answer which was very helpful. I too am studying E115 and am at that point of looking at formulating a key question. I have some idea of what I want to do but havent finalised a question yet.

Thanks Geraldine

I have some idea of what I want to do but havent finalised a question yet.

This sounds 'spot on' - I think in my cohort we all initially focused on 'thinking of a question' - it was something we 'had to have' but it didn't work quite like that!

At this stage to have an idea of an area which your question will address is great :o That 'area' which may now be quite broad will gradually narrow down and then I think you will find the question almost just appears - a little tweaking of how to actually word the question and hey presto you are there

good luck with it all

• 2 weeks later...

thank you all for the responses, and yes it is becoming clearer now.I did manage to formulate my key question in the end with all your support

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)