Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keeping Pets Policy

Hi!

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas on policies for keeping pets at a Nursery. We are hoping to keep two Guinea Pigs at our setting so I am in the middle of putting a policy together.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Butterbean

Hi,

We have 2 guinea pigs in my Recpetion class but as far as I am aware we don't have a policy about them. I would be interested to see what ideas you have you for yours, and could then maybe suggest anythingelse if I think of it (not sure if this makes sense but had a stressful day so sorry if it doesn't!!).

Nicky Sussex :o

We had two guinea pigs in our Reception class for a year and I had to do a full risk assessment but we didn't have a pets policy.

However after a year having them in the class, going home to staff during holidays (mainly mine!!!) and then to a friends we decided they were obviously happier out of the class environment- the difference in them after they had been to a house for a week/ holiday and then came back to class was very marked. They still come and visit and appear to be a lot happier.

Hi,

We have 2 guinea pigs in my Recpetion class but as far as I am aware we don't have a policy about them. I would be interested to see what ideas you have you for yours, and could then maybe suggest anythingelse if I think of it (not sure if this makes sense but had a stressful day so sorry if it doesn't!!).

Nicky Sussex :o

Hi Nicky thanks for replying! I have been asked to create a policy before we can have them! Will let you know when I created it!

Butterbean xD

We had two guinea pigs in our Reception class for a year and I had to do a full risk assessment but we didn't have a pets policy.

However after a year having them in the class, going home to staff during holidays (mainly mine!!!) and then to a friends we decided they were obviously happier out of the class environment- the difference in them after they had been to a house for a week/ holiday and then came back to class was very marked. They still come and visit and appear to be a lot happier.

Thanks for the info! I shall be doing a risk assessment too. We have a member of staff to look after them. At the mo they are not getting enough attention from their current owner so we are hoping to give them more!

Butterbean :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)