Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Xmas Party And Insurance

Mm! We have over 50 children in for our Christmas party BUT it is not done in term time and therefore EYFS, funding etc plays no part. The party is held the day after term ends. All staff give their time for free, parents are not charged for anything nor asked to contribute food, we also have a brilliant entertainer who year on year enthralls this huge number of children for an hour! Then of course the man in red puts in an appearance and all children leave with a present (provided by us) having had a wonderful time - the staff then fill bin liners with the numerous paper plates etc and head to the nearest pub for a great lunch! :o

Never had a problem yet.

Oh My! Wish I hadn't peeked at this one...like others do, have always asked parents of children not normally in attendance on the chosen 'party day' to stay (no charge etc) and ASSUMED (may have to stop doing this!) that 'we' therefore weren't 'looking after'/responsible for (in the normal day to day sense) those children....so were not breaching our registration -

Like others have said 'it's all in the interpretation' isn't it? Never crossed my mind about the insurance though! oops.

So...on a day when we are on full capacity for a particular age group and a visiting parent calls in and stays with their child for an hour or so to get the feel of the place before committing, are we breaching registration then too?? :o What a minefield!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)