Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Staff Member

We are looking for a new staff member and have done all the interviews, had everyone in for an hours play with the children and found 2 really great girls. We just can not decide between the two. Has anyone thought of any further way to decide between them? Further interview or sessions? I just can't decide and it's driving me crazy!!!!

What about asking them both to read the same story? We had the same situation a couple of years ago-we just couldn't decide out of two who we wanted. So I asked them both to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar as I knew it would be familiar to them. We gave them a soft toy caterpillar and two members of staff sat in to observe. It was still difficult but we chose the one who interacted the most with the children during the story telling.

Linda

what about the other staff - could they give you an idea of how they felt the girls did - how did they get on with them / did they seem like they would fit in with the others ?

once you decide could you send the other girl to me as we will shortly be needing a new member of staff - i just hope we are as lucky as you when we get to this time x

All the staff worked with us in making the decision as we are one big team they have their views too. We also find this makes 'choosing' easier but this time we were all stumped!!

When we decide i'll send you the other winner ;-) Good Luck with the search-there are a lot of great people out there! x