Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Governing Body Equivalent In Cc's?

Just wondered if anyone can help me. Schools are ultimately managed by and accountable to their governing body- what is the equivalent body in a children's centre called or is there not such a thing? Thanks

No straightforward answer to this one - each CC is different - we have parents forums that feed into locality reference groups. Things move all the time. CC's in schools generally do link in to their school governing bodies and there is a Governor or several governors who may be responsible for the centre. The body may answer to the CC steeting committee but perhaps a CC who has a voluntary status may have a committee/advisory board dependent on their status, charitable or otherwise. We are accountable through a number of different structures - no straightforward answer I am afraid - its all quite confusing

Nikki

I know all sorts of different management structures:

• direct management by the Local Authority
  • School governor managed
  • Trustees
  • Management by an organisation such as National Children's Homes

In fact, the list is endless. What they should all be doing however, is consulting with all interested bodies - professionals, parents, voluntary organisations, and even the staff and children!

There are also many Centres where the day care is contracted out to a local day care setting.

Hope that's helpful

Gruffalo2

sorry Maz, only just noticed that you had ended my post by asking me a question! Long story why I asked the question, but basic reason is/was to do with accountability of some of senior staff- don't really want to say any more than that , but if you are like me, you like to tie up the loose ends,so I have relied to your post!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)