Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Write Dance

Hi Deb,

I had no ideas what Write Dance was and so did a search. There was a hit 3 down which is actually from this forum, and the info in the post is what you are looking for.

It does look like it has potential, so thanks for bringing it to my attention

Forum- Write Dance

Lindsy

Edited by Beau
To mend broken link

Hi there Deb and Lindsy.

I loved write dance and used the nursery version in my last school. The songs are really nauseating but funnily enough the children rather liked them! We used the songs and then just the music. You can always use your own music which I would have gone on to do had I stayed there.

As Susan said, it does take time to organise properly, and it does require space too, and we did find that the boys especially took to it.

I made A2 size chalkboards for my groups so we used chalks, I found this easier than sticking paper down to tables with blutack or masking tape.

We use write dance in our setting the songs are a bit annoying to the adults ,but the children seem to love them. We give the children plenty of room to work on a large scale and express themselves by taping long lengths of wallpaper to the floor. I would say in our setting it is a success and some of the children who find it hard to express themselves really enjoy it. :o

Many thanks for all your replies which are very interesting. The response seems to be muted approval. Will keep this in mind, I think perhaps I will try to see if a local setting has this programme so I can see it in action. It can be a job to fit everything in already but I am interested in ways of encouraging children, especially boys, to make marks and music involves both sides of the brain doesn't it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)