Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Font

Hi

I was wondering which font people use when printing words for children to copy.

I cant seem to find a suitable one and have to keep cutting and pasting letters from different ones! Help please!

The sassoon font is the one we use at our Infant school.

It has to be purchased becasue of copyright issues. Just to add a note of caution it would be illegal for someone from this forum to download you a copy.

Check out this website - it will give you an idea of what the font looks like.

http://www.clubtype.co.uk/starter.html

The Sasson Primary font is by far the best but if you do not have this on your computers Comic Sans is probably your next best bet.

Best wishes Janet

I use the ones already mentioned and for a bit of variety Chinacat (one I downloaded from a free font site, the name escapes me at the moment.)

I have also got some dotted line fonts from somewhere (another free site) If I find them I will let you know where they came from.

Janet

I agree about the excellent Sassoon Infant Promary font, am just about to ask my ICT co-ordinator if it can be purchased using ELC's, so thanks for the link Mousebat as I was just about to go looking for it!!

Dianne

Hi everyone

At my Infant School we use a programme created in cursive style. We use the cursive style of writing that joins up and can separate the letters. Its great for display titles and for the children to copy. I can't quite remember what the programme is called so I will get back to you about it. :)

I used to use a font which could be the one that DBBriggs is referring to at my last school. We taught letter formation with letters that had "lead in's" and "flicks" so that the children learned to join their letters very early. We found a font that formed the letters as we did, either separated or joined. It was called "boring boring", but I don't think it's a free one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)