Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Safeguarding

Evening

I work in a primary school with an FS unit. I have come back from maternity leave and feel a bit lost in regards to what I need to know about safeguarding. As a school we have a CP officer and an SEN co ord and they deal with safeguarding. Does anyone know what I should know? should I have details on individual children? Should I have things written down or just know where to access them? We are gonna get a visit from OFSTED soon and don't want to let the team down. Any help and advice would be great. Oh my role is FS leader.

Hi there Gillie.

If you have been out on leave for a while, I would ask your designated senior person for an induction/and/or appropriate training. It is the schools responsibility to provide induction to new staff and if you feel out of touch, I would include you in that too. It may be that they can spend a short time with you one day after school to talk you through anything that is new since you were last in school.

You may also find relevant information on your LA website.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)