Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Am I Going To Have Two Insepctions!

kristina

Hi

Really hoping someone can shed some light on this. I am a private pre-school within a local primary school, I rent a classroom and outdoor space and have my own entrance/car park etc.

The Headteacher approached me this morning and said that her SIP? had advised her that she should have more of an interest in the Pre-School as we will be included in the school Ofsted inspection!

Now as we are a new setting I know we are due within the next couple of months a visit from Ofsted, however the school had their Ofsted in about April of this year!! Surely I wont be having two inspections and as I am a private provider and registered individually from the school it would make sense for Ofsted to carry out individual inspections!? Not only that but I thought the inspectors who go around schools were not the same inspectors for early years settings!?

I am going to try and speak to Ofsted but who knows what answer I will receive from them, it seems whenever you call your answer really does depend on who you speak to!!

Hope someone can offer some advice, as the thought of two Ofsted visits is not very appealing!!

Kristina

I know a setting in our town that has it's own building on school grounds, they are registered independently from the school, but get an OFSTED inspection when the school does.

You may get an inspection in the next couple of months as you say, however, I would suspect that after that you will fall in line with the school inspection.

Only guessing on this one :o

Guest MaryEMac

We rent a community room on our school site and I was certain that when they had their inspection earlier this year that we would get one too. In fact we didn't even catch a glimpse of the inspectors.

Mary

we have just had a seperate inspection from school we operate from the community room . they were particulaly light touch on the after school club we wondered if they may look at this area again when school is done. we do know that should that happen we would get a seperate report.

sue

Hi I'm the manager of a pre-school within school grounds and we own one building and rent the other from the school. When I spoke to our Early Years Advisor after starting the job in June she told me that we would get an inspection because I'm the new manager and then would get another one when the school does as Ofsted are changing how they do the inspections-pre-schools within school grounds will be inspected at the same time from now on,regardless of whether you are attached to the school or not-(we're not)SO potentially I could have 2 inspections this term!!!

Hope this helps-not exactly cheery but it does help to be prepared :o

Edited by fairydollpink

I know a setting in our town that has it's own building on school grounds, they are registered independently from the school, but get an OFSTED inspection when the school does.

You may get an inspection in the next couple of months as you say, however, I would suspect that after that you will fall in line with the school inspection.

Only guessing on this one :o

This sounds right to me, and if as you say the school was inspected in April then it's unlikely they will be getting another OFSTED visit any time soon so you won't really be getting two visits. You'll get one in a few months and then probably one again next time the school is inspected (in 2-5 years I think unless they were really failing) as they'll probably just sent an early years inspector down at the same time. If the school is failing but your inspection in a few months shows you're fine (I'm sure it will!) then you probably won't see the inspectors again next time they visit the school as this will be a lot sooner (within the year I think).

Edited by Guest