Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resourcing A Reception Class

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some help from fellow reception teachers. We are currently having a well needed revamp in my reception class. :o New storage units that will enable children to access all of the resources, new resources and a top up of resources. I'm in need of a list of resources that SHOULD be in every area in the classroom. Has anyone seen something that I could download which tells me what should be in the writing area, the maths area etc. I have a book on order but i need to order resources before half term so just looking for some advice really.

Thanks in advance

I am in Gloucestershire and our LEA produced a CD-Rom with ideas for planning and resourcing each area of the classroom. It is at school at the moment and I am at home, but when I get it I will try to upload it for you. Hopefully someone else will be along sooner with ideas. I will be very interested in what is said as I need a major revamp too. What sort of storage units have you ordered? Ours are hopeless, the children can't access the resources at all.

:o

I revamped my classrooms this year if you would like copies of my continuous provision plans which tells you what is in each area I will upload them. As for storage I ordered see through baskets and drawers to go into existing drawer cupboards,so that the children can access them and see what is in them with a photo on the front. If you want any more info let me know as I have just being on an Early Years course and have loads more info.

Sarah

Edited by chatterboxsarah

I revamped my classrooms this year if you would like copies of my continuous provision plans which tells you what is in each area I will upload them. As for storage I ordered see through baskets and drawers to go into existing drawer cupboards,so that the children can access them and see what is in them with a photo on the front. If you want any more info let me know as I have just being on an Early Years course and have loads more info.

Sarah

Would love copies of your plans please! Thanks

I am in Gloucestershire and our LEA produced a CD-Rom with ideas for planning and resourcing each area of the classroom. It is at school at the moment and I am at home, but when I get it I will try to upload it for you. Hopefully someone else will be along sooner with ideas. I will be very interested in what is said as I need a major revamp too. What sort of storage units have you ordered? Ours are hopeless, the children can't access the resources at all.

Thank you so much, :o I look forward to seeing your CD- Rom, your county seem on the ball. We are ordering storage from GALT. A wood frame with a mixture of see through trays, big and small and then shelves at the top. We are buying a load of containers so the children can access the counters, dominoes and such like.

Sarah

Yeah that would all be great the more information the better. The see through boxes in drawers is what we are going for aswell. On your course did they talk about making links to a theme? My head is still so into having activities and resources linked to a theme!!! There is no convincing her and I have started doubting myself. I thought the reception class is moving away from themed learning and is about taking on the children's ideas through observations and providing a stimulating environment!

I have been looking at storage and I think the clear trays in our existing units are probably the way to go. Will also be relatively cheap so my head will like this! My classroom is not very well organised into areas, anyone got any ideas about cheap ways of dividing up? I can use drawer units a bit, but could really use something else. I was wondering about some frestanding notcie boards, which would double up as a place for children to display their own work but not sure where to get these. Any other ideas welcomed!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)