Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Developing And Supporting Early Communication

I work with parents/carers and their children aged from birth to 5. Does anybody have any ideas of how to support this area of development or have suggestions of articles or books.

• 1 month later...
I work with parents/carers and their children aged from birth to 5. Does anybody have any ideas of how to support this area of development or have suggestions of articles or books.

Dear Jennifer,

I am new to the site and new to the profession (having been in Child Mental Health for seven years) but i worked for PEEP for several years and started work as a Children's Centre Teacher in September. So quite a steep learning curve. I am picking up ideas from all over but a really inspiring book for me has been "People Under Three" which seems to be something of a classic. We have a new edition, published Routledge I think. I could find the authors if you can't find it by Googling - Eleanor Goldschmidt or something similar is one of the two authors.

Best wishes,

CCT27

PS Sorry I haven't discovered how to have wonderful moving persona (is that the word?) like some of you have. :o

Hi CCT27 and welcome to the forum.

With your wealth of knowledge from your previous roles i'm sure we'll all be keen to pick your brain!

Nona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)