Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

'all About Me' Introduction Booklets

Does anyone have an example booklet or know where I can get one from for parents and new entrants to complete - giving some background information on the child?

Have you any idea what sort of background information you want from the family? Do you want the booklet to be a 'child' or and adult one? We have one but i am not sure if it is what you are looking for. Ours is very much child led, with things like, this is me, my house, the people in it, i like.... when i am sad... songs i like are...etc. If this is the sort of thing you are looking for i will send you a copy.

Jackie

Hi Jackie -

That sounds interesting. If you don't mind sending me a copy I'd appreciate it. You can email it if you have an electronic copy, or let me know if you need a physical address. If you click on my name, you can send me an email or PM.

Regards, Steve.

Thanks Jackie this was just what I wanted. Saves me starting from scratch.

If I can return the favor in some way just ask.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rebeccasmith

Hi Jackie,

I read your message about your 'All About Me' booklet and was wondering if it was possible to send me a copy.

I am currently designing my own (wasting my time) and know there must be some really good ones around already.

I am looking for something simple that the children can fill in with an adult.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rebecca Smith (Reception teacher in Teignmouth, Devon)

:)

The booklet Steve downloaded was our 'Introductory Leaflet' which parents complete before their child starts at the pre-school. During their time with us we make up an 'All about me' book which is more child initiated with photographs taken at the setting, drawings of themselves (at different stages), with help from home pictures of who they live with and drawings of their house/flat. Our topics have included making a family tree - which involves parents provideing photos and descriptions of relatives; this is then included in the child's record book which we give to parents when the child leaves. We also add pages over time - 'I know these colours; shapes, etc.' 'I can count to...' 'I recognise my name'; 'I can write my name' ...etc.

If you want a 'manufactured' "I CAN..." book then contact Sound Learning on 01543 467787 who produce lots of pre-printed material including an 'I can.. ' book, some of which I have used and adapted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello Puddleducks,

Used to use it untill a friend of mine told me that her Ofsted Inspector was not impressed with it to say the least. I contacted my EYDCP and they confirmed this.

If you contact Sound Learning they will send you an example as I don't have a scanner. It is more time consumming to do than the Foundation Stage Profile. Why don't you contact your Early Years and ask them if they can give you assessment sheets to use then you won't make an expensive mistake.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Bit late in the day, here, but we used to use the Sound Learning system in the days of DLOs, but when we saw the sample for the ELGs we were HORRIFIED at the sheer, massive size of it!! :o We decided not to go with it and concocted our own - it's actually not that hard to do when you sit down to it. xD

I've moved on since then, so can't send anything, but the record my current setting uses is also easily managable, and has been OKd at an Inspection this year. :)

PS hello puddleducks, not come across you before! :D

Best of luck!

Sue :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)