currycraver

you should do the walk and the garage to do the risk assessment

few things

road safety

ratios

lost child

accident

and not sure what you might come across in the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Your risk assessment should cover the perceived risk and the steps you are taking to ensure safety etc.

You need to think about your journey and how you will cope with every and any eventually. Presumably as you say a walk it is not far, so will the children be in pairs, or single, will you use a walking rope? Adults should walk on road side of pavement.

Do you cross any roads? How? Zebra? Pelican? etc etc.

When you get there what will the children actually do? How will you keep them safe? What hazards might there be.

Often a risk assessment is undertaken on a visit to the location beforehand.

Here is mine for a visit to our local fire station. Would appreciate your feedback.

hi thank you for sharing that, i think it looks really good and clear. i was really looking to find out exactly what has to be on a risk assessment, i have never had to do one... yet! thank you

• 1 month later...
Here is mine for a visit to our local fire station. Would appreciate your feedback.

Hi Deb,

Thank you so much for sharing your risk assessment. I did not know where to start-I think I am in panic mode as ofsted are visiting soon so despite doing a course I was flumaxed. I borrowed it and tweeked it to suit us and hey presto feel more in control- well for this moment ayway. Thanks againespecially to you but to everyone who has shared. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)