Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Intentions

I was just wondering how many learning intentions do you do for the day? we do them for children who we have observed and their next steps but do you need to do them for every area of the setting ie mats roleplay ect... Do we have to justify why certain stuff are out? sorry for my confusion!!! hope you get the question.

I don't have any learning intentions for the day

If I have a planned activity I may write on the planning sheet the "look, listen and note" as pointers on what skills to observe but I feel that having set learning intentions is very limiting. I did use to plan this way but found it a complete waste of my time as who's knows what a child is going to gain out of a certain activity

To justify why I use certain things eg. messy play, I have written some long term/continuous provision plans which clearly set out what a child may gain from exploring these activities - so that's a one of sheet that covers everything, they're posted here somewhere, which I hope will satisfy Ofsted on why my activity palns don't ahve learning intentions

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)