Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Overwhelmed Already

Hi all, I can't believe how quickly the first few weeks back at school have gone and already I am feeling overwhelmed at everything that needs to be done. I have one more term as an NQT (hooray) and just started in a new school and new phase...Nursery! I am loving it but all seems a bit muddly. Can anyone suggest a good way of managing and keeping records of children's learning please? I hate post its and am trialling something else from next week. How does everyone transfer that to relate to Development Matters and keep track? Feel exhausted thinking about it! Sorry to be so 'sad' this early on a weekend but it is driving me mad and all I think of. Any ideas anyone please?

someone on here put together a snapshot obs sheet we use them they are very good (thank you) sorry don't know who though if you do a search they will probably come up.

they are as easy as a post it and can go straight into their files

sue

I use post its recording observation, then stick the post it onto an A4 sheet of paper which has columns 'significant learning' 'links to development matters' 'next steps' (if I've got a photo I download it onto sheet before I start).

I'm drowning too and in nursery.

Posy

I use a4 sheets of stickers to write observations on etc. Then I transfer them to the children's learning. I have just started out printing chn's names on the stickers ready for use- that way I can make sure I am colecting evidence on all children equally.

I am still working on the perfect way to balance time and obserations but in our nursery I use photos a lot to record significant steps. I have sheets of Avery mailing label stickers and can transfer the photos into a grid in word which can be printed off onto the stickers. I do this once a week - which doesn't take too long once you get used to it, and stick them into files with a brief note of what I observed and date. This works alongside post-its/ stickers of slightly longer obs. I know some settings don't like photos but we use them a lot - they can also double up as big pics around the nursery to celebrate achievements and fun times (nice for parents to see too!).

Hope this is useful.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)