Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Just Got The Shock Of My Life Lol

HI,

well i am sat at home (in my bedroom) merrily minding my own business, just chilling out in jogging bottoms and typically looking a mess.

when who should knock on my bedroom door but my housemate ( i live in a houseshare) he tells me my friend is downstairs, at which point im thinking which friend LOL... i come down the stairs to find my old boss stood there... how shocked was i. she had my employment file in her hand and she explained that they had posted it last week but it got lost... (did not send recorded delivery). this now makes 7 working days from my dismissal when there policy states five....

anyhow to say it was an awkward moment is an understatement.... the plus side was that the old boss looked more of a mess than me LOL xD , she looked tired and stressed!

my old boss explained that she had received a phone call from a nursery i applied to and that she had told them that they had to contact me. i should have asked at the time really if this means that she is not giving a reference, or if it means she is not disclosing the dismissal.... if she is not disclosing the dismissal maybe i am shooting myself in the foot by putting it on application forms, especially if she won't explain it.

anyway..... the boss of the old nursery has told the member of staff that sat in at my hearing that she did not want her to be involved in my battles with the nursery and therefore she would prefer her not to be at an appeal. can the boss say this??????

after seeing the old boss i felt like i did not want to appeal this..... five seconds later i sprung to my senses and gee whizz i will be appealing :o

so was bitter sweet seeing her, call me naive but i don't actually dislike her (old boss), i think a lot of her, i just dislike her methods and what her company have done to me.....

Dawn

No, she cannot dictate whom you have with you at your appeal..........................and it's fairly outrageous of her to suggest it, to be honest! If the other member of staff is happy to do it...........and she doesn't feel that her position in the setting will be made uncomfortable by supporting you, then she has every right to be there. I would phone ACAS again tomorrow, to tell them what has happened tonight,see what thier take on it is, especially with regard to them delivering your file later than their own policy dictates.good luck with your appeal!

Dawn, how does she know it (your file) "got lost"?

Is she covering something up, trying to explain/excuse being in breach of 5 day deadline or having second thoughts about your dismissal & appeal?

It just "feels" wrong :o please make sure you and your housemate make a note of date, time of her visit and what was said and pass it on to the CAB tomorrow.

Nona

Wow . . . hmmmm . . .ummm;

write it all down, don't hesitate!

Then, get your head round reading all the ACAS documents as I think you'd be wise to be clued up!

Best of luck,

Spiral x

Hi Nona,

she knows my file "got lost" because i wrote to them on monday to ask them to stop telling staff why i had been dismissed i then told them i had not received any written information from them, which explains where she got the "got lost" from... common sense in my midn would dictate that they should have sent it recorded delivery, i sent my letter that way and it did not cost much more.

I would get housemate to make note of time date and discussion, but bless him he speaks very little english and understands less LOL.....

:o

Dawn, how does she know it (your file) "got lost"?

Is she covering something up, trying to explain/excuse being in breach of 5 day deadline or having second thoughts about your dismissal & appeal?

It just "feels" wrong xD please make sure you and your housemate make a note of date, time of her visit and what was said and pass it on to the CAB tomorrow.

Nona

Edited by Guest

:o Tee hee, Dawn - if you were underhand you could write anything in a statement and get him to sign it - but I know you won't!

Just text my friend who's a union rep - was her advice to write it down and notify whoever is advising/supporting you. Feels it is very unprofessional of them to have missed deadline and then to have turned up, unannounced at your home at this time of night!

As for your ex-boss looking tired and stressed? GOOD! perhaps now she's realising what a valuable member of staff she so casually dismissed.

Nona

my old boss explained that she had received a phone call from a nursery i applied to and that she had told them that they had to contact me. i should have asked at the time really if this means that she is not giving a reference, or if it means she is not disclosing the dismissal.... if she is not disclosing the dismissal maybe i am shooting myself in the foot by putting it on application forms, especially if she won't explain it.

Hey that is great if they wanted a reference :o Montessori here you come hopefully!

In regard to everything else this lovely lot of ladies are right as usual xD

Sorry Dawn have only just caught up with your thread, kept looking on main page. My thoughts have been with you and I am shocked at this outcome. As lots ofn others have sent BIG HUG and hope this nightmare ends for you soon.

Debbie

Totally agree with everything said - how many more twists can you put up with Dawn love! Think turning up at your home unannounced and without appointment is v suspect - some might even say intimidatory.... She is digging herself a hole here.

Keep being professional and good luck!