Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Foundation Unit

I am a teacher I have 14 F2 children and 14 F1 children. (F1s only in mornings.) I am Teacher I have a TA and then another lady who is 1:1 with a child.

The classroom is so very hectic, is there anyone else in same set up who can . I hoping that we still in settling in period and things will calm down. We are a very free flow setting and thinking that this is possible why hectic.

Any advice

We are a foundation unit but just with F2 - we had our first morning with all 52 in at one go. We have 2 teachers, 2 TAs and one 1:1 for a little boy. Does the free flow extend to the outdoors as that tends to make our unit a lot calmer. Are they allowed to get whatever they want out or are there some restrictions? We have boxes for specific areas and they are only allowed a certain number of things out in each area. As mps09 said it is early days and I'm they will settle down. I remember last year thinking they were really noisy and hectic but when I looked around they were all very focussed on their play. It may be worth observing them for part of the morning to see if you can pinpoint what is making it so hectic.

Good luck x

Hi All - life can be hectic just down to the particular children we have in our settings - we had today 5 staff and 23 children and life was so very hectic, why well two children had a mishap in their paints, 3 children were un-settled and various other reasons why children needed support - during these times of settling in you can never have enough staff - our problems seem to happen more when we are in transition rather than in free flow - xxx Dot :oxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)