Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Care Standards

I'm not sure if it is different in Wales but in England deputy must also be level 3 qualified - I can see the logic as in the absence of the leader the deputy takes on the full responsibility for the setting and should be appropriately qualified.

thanks, lady in question definately takes over (level2) when manager not there! they even have it printed in the parents handbook that she is deputy. by the way im level 3 qualified.

I found this. There doesn't seem to be an indication of whether this is up to date or not though. It doesn't mention specific qualifications in it and I'm not sure where else you would find them.

It seems to me though that if your setting has been told that a level 2 qualification is fine, then this is probably the case in Wales at the moment. However, I suspect that they will follow the lead of England at some point and in the future a level 2 will probably not be enough. :o

just found this

From 1 April 2008, the registered person ensures that the person in

charge possesses at least a level 3 qualification within ACCAC’s National

Qualifications Framework for Early Years Education, Childcare and Playwork

which is appropriate to the post. In the period until 1 April 2008, the registered

person will set out an action plan detailing how they intend to meet this

criterion and in what timescale.

so does this mean when manager off and level 2 (deputy) is in charge of setting she cannot be in charge,

thanks

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)