Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help With My Planning Required

Hi everyone

ive been running my preschool for under a year, so far its going great, i just seem to struggle with the planning side of it, i want to delegate but not until i know this side of the preschool for myself as all my staff are new to the EYFS. We have been on the local courses but, still not sure if im getting it right. Can anyone help.

Hi there,

just wondering if you have an example of your planning. Or if not, have a look on the forum resources, there are some good examples there.

More than anything, I think we all end up making up our own version, which reflects what we feel our children/setting needs.

Don't panic, I'm sure yours is fine though ;-)

Hi there,

just wondering if you have an example of your planning. Or if not, have a look on the forum resources, there are some good examples there.

More than anything, I think we all end up making up our own version, which reflects what we feel our children/setting needs.

Don't panic, I'm sure yours is fine though ;-)

Hi

thanks spiral, its just that when i came on here everyones else seem to have their planning so more in depth than mine so im feeling more than ever paranoid. I will have a look at the resources. We observe our children in one of the areas of learning every week over a six week period then once a month do an in depth ob and report to their parents how they are doing then once a term hold an open evening for everyone to attend if they so wish. Its just that my planning takes so long to do and i end up copying activities over again.

Thanks Kezo

Hi

thanks spiral, its just that when i came on here everyones else seem to have their planning so more in depth than mine so im feeling more than ever paranoid. I will have a look at the resources. We observe our children in one of the areas of learning every week over a six week period then once a month do an in depth ob and report to their parents how they are doing then once a term hold an open evening for everyone to attend if they so wish. Its just that my planning takes so long to do and i end up copying activities over again.

Thanks Kezo

Do you have an Early years advisory Teacher (EYAT) or someone local that you would feel confident going through it all with? I found that it became much easier to understand when I'd seen a few other settings and their methods - you will feel confident discriminating and choosing what would work for you.

We observe from the children's interests as some will never really show an interest in messy things or even tricycles. We don't target areas as such, but let the flow happen by the children indicating to us what their interests are.

As far as planning goes, we plan alot arount which religious celebration/charity/season we will support this term (Divali, Autumn, christmas, etc), but the other daily activities are led from the children's interests.

It has taken a while for us to get our heads round it and sometimes we plan an activity to further as a 'next step' and there is little interest - it happens!

Please do try to get to look at as many types as possible, but stick to what you are comfy with,

spiral :o

Hi everyone

ive been running my preschool for under a year, so far its going great, i just seem to struggle with the planning side of it, i want to delegate but not until i know this side of the preschool for myself as all my staff are new to the EYFS. We have been on the local courses but, still not sure if im getting it right. Can anyone help.

I totally understand where your coming from, there are so many differing opinions on the content and design of what planning should look like and am having having similar issues - is it right?, i posted sample planning forms in a different area:

Examples Of Weekly Planning

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...c=20900&hl=

Do you have an Early years advisory Teacher (EYAT) or someone local that you would feel confident going through it all with? I found that it became much easier to understand when I'd seen a few other settings and their methods - you will feel confident discriminating and choosing what would work for you.

We observe from the children's interests as some will never really show an interest in messy things or even tricycles. We don't target areas as such, but let the flow happen by the children indicating to us what their interests are.

As far as planning goes, we plan alot arount which religious celebration/charity/season we will support this term (Divali, Autumn, christmas, etc), but the other daily activities are led from the children's interests.

It has taken a while for us to get our heads round it and sometimes we plan an activity to further as a 'next step' and there is little interest - it happens!

Please do try to get to look at as many types as possible, but stick to what you are comfy with,

spiral :o

Hi Spiral

i do but im not too sure if she knows herself, as she never seems to be too confident herself, also she does say im ok but i feel its not getting any easier, i do have to take into consideration im also just starting the F/D last week so i might be getting bogged down with it all.

cheers

kezo

21st_june.docx21st_june.docx

Hi Spiral

i do but im not too sure if she knows herself, as she never seems to be too confident herself, also she does say im ok but i feel its not getting any easier, i do have to take into consideration im also just starting the F/D last week so i might be getting bogged down with it all.

cheers

kezo

Hi spiral

im going to try and upload my example for you can you let me know what you think please!!!!

21st_june.docx21st_june.docx

Hi spiral

im going to try and upload my example for you can you let me know what you think please!!!!

Hi there Kezo,

firstly congrats on starting your degree. You'll probably be able to ask some of your new colleagues and to share their plans as well as finding out lots of other interesting aspects of planning as you go along.

Secondly, I can't download your planning as my pc doesn't share the same programme. Even so, maybe just slow down because if the others feel it's ok, it usually is and the whole planning thing is really a metamorphosis because it constantly changes and develops with time - I really don't think there is a right or wrong.

don't worry,

Spiral :o

Hi there Kezo,

firstly congrats on starting your degree. You'll probably be able to ask some of your new colleagues and to share their plans as well as finding out lots of other interesting aspects of planning as you go along.

Secondly, I can't download your planning as my pc doesn't share the same programme. Even so, maybe just slow down because if the others feel it's ok, it usually is and the whole planning thing is really a metamorphosis because it constantly changes and develops with time - I really don't think there is a right or wrong.

don't worry,

Spiral :o

Cheers Spiral

i feel so much better coming on here today already. Ill let you know how im going on.

kezo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)