Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Examples Of Weekly Planning

thought I'd post a thread on examples as I always find it helpful to have ideas and inspiration from everyone.

I have been working on this idea/example tonight

The small outside boxes will contain each childs interest the next layer will be their learning goals and these will be used to inform the continuous provision enhancements that are the largest inside boxes.

Adult direct/led activities will be contained on a separate sheet.

I would be most happy with comments :)

And even happier if people could post their own examples :D

OOh help - have i got it all wrong? Just thought i was getting my head round all this and now i really don't know. We have been using a subject area such as dinosaurs for the first 2 weeks of term whilst we complete observations/talk to the children etc to learn about what they would like to continue on with. This then focuses our planning for the next 2 weeks though nothing is set in stone and we change according to the children.

However our planning sheets didn't demonstrate this enough so i have made changes, we are now implementing a continuous provision sheet on a weekly basis, and are using colours to indicate something that a child has asked for and something that is adult initiated.

Then we have a focused activity sheet, which for the moment is going to be used on a daily basis.

Have i got any of this right?

FOCUSED_ACTIVITY_SHEET.doc

CONTINUOUS_PROVISION.doc

Edited by Guest

OOh help - have i got it all wrong? Just thought i was getting my head round all this and now i really don't know. We have been using a subject area such as dinosaurs for the first 2 weeks of term whilst we complete observations/talk to the children etc to learn about what they would like to continue on with. This then focuses our planning for the next 2 weeks though nothing is set in stone and we change according to the children.

However our planning sheets didn't demonstrate this enough so i have made changes, we are now implementing a continuous provision sheet on a weekly basis, and are using colours to indicate something that a child has asked for and something that is adult initiated.

Then we have a focused activity sheet, which for the moment is going to be used on a daily basis.

HI

I'm new to this forum and have started to do the planning, you do your planning very similar to ours, but we are getting bored we seem to cover the same activites how about you? Or am i doing this wrong no ever seems to know the answer

HI

I'm new to this forum and have started to do the planning, you do your planning very similar to ours, but we are getting bored we seem to cover the same activites how about you? Or am i doing this wrong no ever seems to know the answer

Hi

We really try to incorporate different ideas, although we are still sometimes struggling with the child initiated planning and how to incorporate targets for each child in the setting with observations we have made of how we could extend their learning into our planning. To some extent they do seem to keep bringing things back to the same ideas, or their skills need developing in the same areas which makes it seem repetitive, but at the end of the day repetition is how children scaffold their learning. Sometimes i wonder though if we're looking for the wrong things to influence our planning. For the first couple of weeks of this term we introduced dinosaurs, which proved very popular but they still came up with 'do you get dinosaurs in space?' Space seems to be a huge fascination in our neck of the woods!!

I have also been struggling with transfering the ideas of child initiated learning and planning to some staff in a way that they can follow it through.

Any theories or ideas greatfullly received.

I'd be really grateful for any feedback. It's really important to me that this is right.

Jen

I'd be really grateful for any feedback. It's really important to me that this is right.

Jen

I would be interested to see a completed Focussed Activity Sheet is that possible? I really like it. Do I understand its purpose correctly.......you do an adult focussed activity in reponse to an activity/ idea that a child initiated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)