Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Timetable During This Term...

Please, please can you tell me what your daily timetable looks like inc how you do snack etc as i am really struggling with what a typical day in reception (at this point in the year) should be like.

Ive spent hours trying to sort mine but without 'interupting' the children free flow playing im struggling with how to fit tasks in.

Id be really grateful if you could tell me what your day looks like inc how long to do a whole class task foe and how often.

Also if your class have free access to the outdoor area etc.

Thanks in advance :o

Im working in year1 at the moment but my sessions in reception would have had a teaching focus followed by activities/ choosing both related and not to the focus. Please dont be frightened to do some definite teaching alongside your free flow play. I actually only used to timetable those activities that were dependent on my use of shared space.

Im struggling to work with a yr1 class, who have been given loads of lovely activities in a child focused format but who do not have the taught skills to cope with year 1 work even at this early stage.

Hi, I am working with F2 preschool children within the F2 reception building ( we are a partnerhip pilot foundation stage unit with no building!) and this is the reception timetable. F2 preschool children only attend in the morning. Once it is child initiated time the outside area 'should' be opened up for free flow, and most mornings/afternoons the gate between the preschool and reception is opened so they have access to both outside areas. Snack time is rolling snack, and it is not formally manned, but in an area where there are always adults present.

HTH

Clare

F2_timetable.xls

Hi,

I'm in reception and like you find this term very tough! I posted my timetable on here last month to get some feedback and so far think its going ok. But struggling to get through all the adult led tasks so may have to reduce them. I have half of my class part time and half full time. Most of my adult led activities are cross curricular but I have written a subject area on timetable as a guide to give me some focus and provide a balance! It is very flexible!

Hope it helps

KST

New_Timetable_autumn_term_option_2.doc

Hi,

I'm in reception and like you find this term very tough! I posted my timetable on here last month to get some feedback and so far think its going ok. But struggling to get through all the adult led tasks so may have to reduce them. I have half of my class part time and half full time. Most of my adult led activities are cross curricular but I have written a subject area on timetable as a guide to give me some focus and provide a balance! It is very flexible!

Hope it helps

KST

Ooops pressed submit too quick.

Thank you, thank you for your replies so far-looking at you routine has really helped. :o

My main worry is how many direct teaching act i should be doing in a day bearing in mind they are usually only 10-15 minutes long.

Also do you all just decide how many focused lit/prsn act you will teach across a week or do you make sure you do them everyday?

My head is all over the place xD

At the moment my children are only coming in for the morning, so this makes it harder in a way. Because I only have the morning to do any activities, I tend to chose a cll or a psrn activity and try to make sure there is a good balance over two weeks. We also do a 20 minute phonics everyday. Although I have a very structured timetable I am not using it at the moment - bar my time for phonics. The whole morning is spent with the children doing child initiated activities and coming out to do adult ones if they want.

In two weeks time when the children are all full time, my timetable will change again. Between my TA and I we will aim to do an adult led cll and psrn activity everyday, plus lots of child initiated.

I find the easiest thing for this half term is to be very flexible and to change your timings, ideas everything almost on a daily basis, until the children are really settled.

At the moment we are doing lots of settling in activities so not a huge amount of whole class activities. From next week we will have them all in every morning, springs staying for lunch and autumns full time. We are 2 classes but work as a unit. We also have a statemented child hence the extra adult. We have worked with this format for the last year and it works really well.

21st_September_2009.doc

I think there is no set way and you have to do what works for you. From looking at the other timetables they are all different. I do daily phonics sessions but I only do 2 or 3 CLL activities a week and the same with PSRN activities as all the subjects are supposed to be equally weighted. I am going to start having some independent tasks that run along the child initiated play which will have a CLL or PRSN focus and the children can choose when they complete them.

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)