Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

On Enrty Assessements

hi all

just a query do any of you lot do entry assessments on your kids.had conflicting info some say it went out with the ark!!! others do it if your one of them ,have you got any examples for me to look at

cheers

hi all

just a query do any of you lot do entry assessments on your kids.had conflicting info some say it went out with the ark!!! others do it if your one of them ,have you got any examples for me to look at

cheers

I am in the same position and trying to work out what information we need and how best to collate it. I have attached an example of some things we might focus on as part of induction. Hope this at least gives you an idea. Don't want to end up with tick sheets as know that is not what EYFS is about but will use this is a focus for observations during induction.

child_assessment.doc

I am in the same position and trying to work out what information we need and how best to collate it. I have attached an example of some things we might focus on as part of induction. Hope this at least gives you an idea. Don't want to end up with tick sheets as know that is not what EYFS is about but will use this is a focus for observations during induction.

thankyoux

thankyoux

Hi, i do our baseline using their learning journeys, they are divided into the 6 areas of learning, i gather evidence and observations to see where the children are, usually in the 22-36 statements.

Its really good for tracking progression, we use a different colour for the rest of fs1 and fs2

hope this helps x

gill

Hi I was interested in hearing what the replies was to this as I was having similar issues in my setting.

Isn't it better for the baseline assessment's to feed into the overall Learning Journey's ... So I was thinking ...

What does everyone use for recording Nursery children's progression ... as in, for Reception you have the Profile points, what do you use for Nursery? I'm trying to cut down on the amount of paper work we use.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

We were picked up on this by ofsted early this year as we did not 'seem' to have an entry assessment in place although we had an 'All about me' form which we filled out with parents.

We have now adopted the 'Sound Learning' forms (and progress records) which we are finding very helpful.

Their registration form is quite similar to ours but the entry record really makes parents think about their child and gives us a starting point to work from. We tend to ask them to fill this in at the first setting visit when their child is exploring. A good time to meet the child's key person too.

Have to say the progress records are great, help you to know what to look for and have really helped our newer and unqualified members of staff learn what to look for and what to observe, and the main feeder Primary school like them too.

website is www.soundlearning.co.uk

Rachel

Surely on entry is where a child is against the ages/stages and possibly in reception against EYFSP scale points?

Attainment is where they are when they move up/on/out.

Progress is the amount they have moved along that continuum against national expectations/the cohort/similar groups etc.

Cx

Our 'on entry' assessment would be linked in with EYFSP and it's through our observation in the first half term. Now obviously we are starting to do some teaching in that time but it shows how children are progressing at an early stage. We have never been asked or expected to do anything in addition to that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)