Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Jolly Phonics

hi all,

last year i found a really useful Jolly Phonics A4 sheet with all the phonics on with a small picture of the JP pictures. it was great to laminate and really helped children when doing their own writing. i have moved schools and foolishly didnt bring a copy! if anyone else has it or could point me in the right direction, thatd be great!

thanks

clare

Hi Clare

Welcome to the Forum - hope this will be the first of many posts!

Jolly Phonics is a copyrighted product and as such unless this document was a free download from their website or was purchased from Jolly Learning it was something someone made up from resources they had (hopefully!) purchased. We actively discourage members from uploading materials that breach copyright rules.

There is some limited information about the signs and sounds on their website here - I had a quick look but I can't find anything at all like you describe. Which is a shame because it would be very helpful for those moments when you can't quite remember what the action for a particular letter sound is.

Do you have anyone at your old school who could send you a copy of the one you used before? Sorry that I can't offer anything more helpful!

Maz

The Jolly Phonics images are copyright free provided they are not used for commercial sale and can be shared freely with friends and colleagues.

Thanks for putting me right on that Marion - I'm having trouble accessing your link though. Might well be our lumpy internet that's at fault though! Will try again later.

Maz

Ooh now a clipart CD. I didn't see that on their website! Was it very expensive? I could definitely put that to good use!

A thought though about copyright. Sometimes those "can be used without infringing copyright for non-commercial purposes" means only when you have purchased the product - not one person buying a copy and sharing it with every other teacher in the land! However if their disclaimer doesn't make that clear then they're obviously OK for this to happen, or haven't thought of that eventuality.

Thanks Marion!

Maz

Ooh now a clipart CD. I didn't see that on their website! Was it very expensive? I could definitely put that to good use!

A thought though about copyright. Sometimes those "can be used without infringing copyright for non-commercial purposes" means only when you have purchased the product - not one person buying a copy and sharing it with every other teacher in the land! However if their disclaimer doesn't make that clear then they're obviously OK for this to happen, or haven't thought of that eventuality.

Thanks Marion!

Maz

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jolly-Phonics-Reso...m/dp/184414142X

What the booklet says is about copyright

Important your rights to copy

1 you may create materials using the images and resources on this CD

2 The materials you make may also be given to other teachers that you are connected with, for instance to a teacher in your local authority or school district

3 you may also supply a few copies of materials you make to other teachers or parents and charge them a fee to cover your costs.

4 you may not produce substantial quantities for commercial sale. You may not sell to people you do not know personally.

Sue Lloyd herself said she had no problems with copying (but that was verbal permission)

Thanks for the link - will go and have a look. Thanks also for the information about copyright - I wonder how the Forum fits into the "teachers you are connected with" category in point 2? :o

Maz

I assume if you are allowed to sell what you make to other teachers (to cover your costs) they won't object to you giving them free to other teachers.

As I said Sue Lloyd and the consultant I've worked with this year said it was ok.

I assume if you are allowed to sell what you make to other teachers (to cover your costs) they won't object to you giving them free to other teachers.

Must read more carefully!

Have got the Amazon window open pending another order... thanks!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)